At NTC we strive to keep your records secure, and follow established procedures and policies in releasing your information.
We store directory information about all students that is deemed public and available to inquiries.
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Star ID
- Enrollment status (enrolled, graduated, withdrew, part/full-time)
- Degrees, awards, academic recognitions, and licenses received
- Participation in officially recognized activities
- Dates of attendance
- Major areas of study
- Names of parents when associated with awards and officially recognized activities
- Student classification and date of graduation will be available to inquiries
All other information that Records & Registration stores about students is confidential and can only be released with the written consent of the student.
If you desire to hold directory information (as listed above) confidential, you need to complete the Do Not Release form and return it to the Records & Registration Office at the time you register.
Disadvantages of Restricting Data
If you restrict directory information, the restriction remains in effect until you formally notify the Records Office in writing to remove it, even after you graduate or cease enrollment. Some learners have experienced considerable inconvenience by restricting their directory information as Northwest Technical College is unable to verify degrees earned, dates of attendance, or enrollment status to any third parties (including future employers) while the restriction is in effect.
For more information please see our campus policy Privacy of Education Records.
Accessing & Updating Your Records