At NTC we strive to keep your records secure, and follow established procedures and policies in releasing your information.
Directory information about all students that is deemed public and available to inquiries. Below is a listing of items that are deemed directory information at NTC per policy 2130-1-01 Directory Information: Public and Private Data.
- Student name
- Student enrollment status
- Program major
- Dates of attendance
- Student honors and awards
Limited Directory information is only eligible for release to Northwest Technical College Foundations for Foundation related activities and/or external parties contractually affiliated with the College or as noted below. The following information has been designated as ‘Limited Directory Information’ at Northwest Technical College:
- e-mail address (institutional, personal, work, etc.)
- phone number
- Star ID
All other information that Records & Registration stores about students is confidential and can only be released with the written consent of the student.
If you desire to hold directory information (as listed above) confidential, you need to complete the Do Not Release form and return it to the Records & Registration Office at the time you register.
Update Your Information
- Login to your eServices.
- Select Account Management from the menu on the left side of the page.
- Select “Name and Address Info” if you would like to add/change:
- your “Preferred Name”.
- If you would like your institutional email address changed to your preferred name, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- any of your address or phone number types.
- your “Preferred Name”.
- Select “Demographic Info” if you would like to add/change information (be sure to click submit when you complete your changes):
- your sex shown on your official documents.
- your gender identity.
- your decent or race or ethnic background information.
- person email address.
*If you are changing your legal name you will need to complete the Name Change Form.
Disadvantages of Restricting Data
If you restrict directory information, the restriction remains in effect until you formally notify the Records Office in writing to remove it, even after you graduate or cease enrollment. Some learners have experienced considerable inconvenience by restricting their directory information as Northwest Technical College is unable to verify degrees earned, dates of attendance or enrollment status to any third parties (including future employers) while the restriction is in effect.
For more information please see our campus policy Privacy of Education Records.