Name Change

To change your name, you will need to submit the following to the NTC Financial Aid Office: Change in Student Status Form.

  • Copy of marriage license or other legal document such as divorce decree
  • Copy of social security card with your new legal name
  • Copy of Photo ID

Change in Marital Status

Getting Married: If you are planning to get married this year, contact the Financial Aid Office for advice about when to submit your FAFSA.

Separation or Divorce:  If you or your parents are experiencing a separation or divorce but filed a joint tax return, contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss your options. Please bring the Federal income tax return and all W-2 statements.

Financial Hardship

If you (independent student) or your parents (dependent student) have had a change in your financial situation since you filed your Federal income tax return, please contact the NTC Financial Aid Office for assistance. Financial hardship may include unemployment, retirement, severance or a death in the family.