There are two different scenarios when you might need to complete a course substitution:

  1. Applying a transferred course to your declared program.
  2. Applying another NTC course as a substitute for a required course.


  1. Begin the conversation with your Academic Advisor.
  2. Complete the Credit Transfer/Course Substitution/Credit for Prior Learning. You will need to get your advisor’s signature on this form.
  3. The form should then be submitted to the NTC Record’s Office and will be processed in one to two weeks.
  4. After the form is processed you will receive notification and your Degree Audit Report will reflect the changes.