There are many resources available in the Bemidji-area community to assist you!
There are assistance programs for:
- Financial aid
- Scholarship opportunities
- Community Resources Connection
- Energy assistance
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program
- Women, Infants, & Children program
- Child care assistance program
- Low-income housing assistance
- Community soup kitchen
- MN Head Start Association
- Minnesota Help Info
There are health services and programs available for:
- Health services at BSU
- Low-income medical assistance
- Dental care
- Alcohol/substance addiction
- Sexual violence
- Depression/suicidal thoughts
- Tobacco addiction
BSU Health Services
As a Northwest Technical College student, you have access to the Bemidji State University Health Services. BSU has a nurse practitioner, nurses, and practical nurses on staff five days a week. You can make an appointment to see a doctor. BSU Health Services are confidential and low-cost. Insurance is accepted. There is a fee each semester for entrance into BSU Health Services. However, if you live in the dorms, this fee is automatically charged to your BSU account.
NTC strongly encourages you to carry health insurance. It’s available through the Minnesota State College and University Student Health Plan.