NTC recognizes that you are here for a reason. Whether it is to brush up on technical training, learn a new set of technical skills, or change your career entirely, our programs can get you there.
Career advising begins with your instructors. Beginning the first week of class, ask your instructors about area employers, and with whom you should be networking. Check out our Scholarships page for a taste of the local and regional businesses that are looking for (and financially supporting) students just like YOU! Also – discover current job openings posted in the NTC Library.
Career Services strongly recommends that all students, new graduates and alumni register with Connect2Careers. Connect2Careers is an online resume referral and job listing system exclusively available to NTC and BSU students and alumni.
Benefits of Being Registered with Connect2Careers
- Access to additional job openings
- Resumes may be referred to potential employers
- Register for on-campus interviewing
- Access to the latest events and upcoming workshops
Steps to Complete Registration
- Current students: May access Connect2Careers through their MyNTC portal.
- Alumni: Contact email@example.com
Statewide and Local Area Job Search
- Connect2Career: NTC’s personal job and internship posting site.
- MinnesotaWorks.net: up-to-date listing of jobs, internships, and other opportunities.
- CareerWise is Minnesota’s career, education, and job resource.
- M State’s Career Coach: Discover local job info, job listings, and quickly build your resume online!
eFolio – Create a Career Portfolio for Employers
Highlight your education, employment history, accomplishments, goals and professional experiences with eFolio Minnesota, a multimedia electronic portfolio. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities developed eFolio, which is available to all Minnesota residents.Start your own eFolio.
The Bemidji Workforce Center offers free workshops and training for people starting new careers. Check out their upcoming events here: Bemidji Workforce Center workshops and training.
Work at NTC
We have Work-study options right here on campus. These jobs are part-time, and can help you gain direct experience in the field you are studying.
Job Search Assistance
Northwest Technical College will help you with job search services for one year following graduation, or until you get your first job in related employment – whichever comes first. Our services include providing resources for career planning and for job searches and notifications of job openings.
The college is not responsible for securing employment. You have the primary responsibility to prepare your employment applications, employment history, and related information. Your academic performance, interview skills, and willingness to accept entry level employment is crucial to landing a job in your field of study.
View workshops at your convenience, in 20 minutes or less!
- Behavioral Interview Questions
- Secrets for Interview Success
- InterviewStream a Virtual Practice Interview platform