The mission of our strategic plan for diversity, equity and inclusion is to foster a safe, welcoming, and inclusive campus and community culture that respects difference and ensures equitable opportunities for every person. Through strategic priorities and action objectives, we address issues concerning DEIA+ matters in our institution. For data concerning the status of the plan refer to our Data and Reports webpage.
- Foster an equitable, safe and respectful campus and community culture for every person who learns, teaches, works and visits our campus.
- Promote the value of a demographically diverse and inclusive student body and workforce.
- Promote opportunities for students and employees to increase their knowledge and understanding of Indigenous People’s past and present experiences and ways of knowing.
- Support the presence of diversity and equity in academic curriculum and classroom conversations.
- Encourage partnerships and collaborations among campus departments, teams and efforts focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion.