Practical Nursing is a one-year, campus-based program that accepts applications one time per year with a fall term start. Students may earn a Diploma in Practical Nursing and take the practical nursing exam (NCLEX-PN) after completion of the program.
Application to Northwest Technical College (NTC) and application to the Practical Nursing program are separate. Application to NTC may be submitted at any time. Applications for the Practical Nursing program will be accepted May 1 – June 25, 2021. Pending space availability, a secondary application deadline may be available.
First Step: Admission to NTC
1 — Complete the Online Application and pay the $20 application fee.
2 — Send Northwest Technical College your high school transcript or GED.
3 — Forward all official transcripts from the colleges you have attended.
- We can automatically access transcripts from any Minnesota State college or university.
- All transcripts must be available in the NTC Admissions Office by June 25, 2021 to be considered for admittance to the Practical Nursing Diploma major.
Admission to NTC does not guarantee admission to the Practical Nursing major. Admission to the Practical Nursing major is required in order to enroll in PNSG nursing courses.
Application to Practical Nursing Diploma Major
- Complete all Admission Requirements for Practical Nursing and NTC no later than June 25, 2021.
- This includes receipt of application, application fee, and all supporting documentation for the college and the program
- Accuplacer assessment completed or waived by June 25, 2021 Accuplacer Registration
- Complete all areas: Math, reading, writing, and any recommended college readiness courses prior to fall semester
- Pass all college readiness courses with the grade of “C” or greater. (Added 3/12/19)
- Complete application to Practical Nursing program between May 1 and June 25, 2021
- Take TEAS test on or before June 18, 2021.
- TEAS sessions – spring 2021
- TEAS practice tests and information about preparation
- Registering for the TEAS (Note: Limited seats available)
- Minimum score of 53 is required for consideration
- Make sure to choose NTC as your school on your TEAS registration. Official ATI TEAS test transcript must be submitted to NTC on or before June 25, 2021
- Results must be within the last two years to be acceptable
- Students may retest up to two times per semester
- TEAS study guides are available at the NTC and BSU libraries
- Nursing Assistant course completed with grade of “C” or higher by July 9, 2021, or evidence of current nursing assistant certification.
- Preference given to applicants with Nursing Assistant course completed by June 25, 2021
- Successful course completion (C grade or higher) is required
- Course completion must be within last 5 years
- Submit Nursing Assistant documentation to Lisa Hanson via email or fax. Email: email@example.com; Fax: 218-333-6697
Applications will be reviewed after application deadline. The Nursing Admissions Committee will notify applicants of their status. Results will be emailed. Applicants are responsible for the completion of requirements and cost of testing.
College readiness courses: A student may be required to enroll in college-readiness courses in reading and math. A student’s scores on the Accuplacer assessment will determine enrollment in college-readiness courses. The purpose of college-readiness courses is to prepare students for the demands of a college-level curriculum. Credits may vary. Any readiness courses must be passed with the grade of “C” or greater. (Added 3/12/19)