LPN Step-In Program
Application window for spring 2023 start:
September 1 – November 1, 2022
The LPN Step-In degree is a three-semester program and accepts applications one time per year with a spring term start. This program is primarily delivered ONLINE, but requires some on-site time. Classes are hybrid/online delivery with scheduled on-site lab and clinical days.
LPN Step-In graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX and apply for licensure as a registered nurse, or RN.
On-site requirements for lab and clinical courses are discussed during program orientation and specified on the class schedule.
Admission to NTC does not guarantee admission into the LPN Step-In program. Admission into the LPN Step-In program has additional requirements and is required in order to enroll in nursing classes, designated with the ADNG prefix.
LPN Step-In Admission Criteria
Completed application for admission to Northwest Technical College and acceptance to NTC by November 1, 2022.
Prerequisite courses must be completed with grades of C or higher by November 1, 2022. Prerequisites include:
BIOL 2221: Microbiology
BIOL 2252: Anatomy & Physiology I
BIOL 2254: Anatomy & Physiology II
CHEM 1100: Intro to Chemistry
ENGL 1111: College Writing I
MATH 1110: College Algebra, or, MATH 1930: Intro to Mathematical Sciences
PSYC 2201: Developmental Psychology
TEAS score on file with NTC and passed with a total score of 64% or higher by November 1, 2022, or within two years.
Admission is competitive, so the higher your TEAS score, the better your chance of being accepted.
Learn more about the TEAS and how to register: TEAS information
Corequisite courses, if completed, must be grades of C or higher.
GPA of 2.76 or above is required when calculated with the following LPN Step-In prerequisite and corequisite courses: BIOL 2221, BIOL 2252, BIOL 2254, CHEM 1100, ENGL 1111, MATH 1110 or MATH 1930, PSYC 2201, BIOL 2256, and PHIL 1201 or PHIL 2210. GPA is not an independent criterion for admission.
Completed LPN Step-In program application submitted between September 1 – November 1, 2022. The program application is online: LPN Step-In program application
If admitted to the LPN Step-In program, the following requirements must be met by the program start date:
- Current, unencumbered practical nursing license verification.
- American Heart Association BLS Provider / Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
- Students on current academic probation or suspension will not be considered for program admission.
- Students with financial holds, or unpaid balances, will not be considered for program admission.
- Students already enrolled in another professional nursing program will not be considered for program admission.
- Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline. The Nursing Admissions Committee will notify applicants of their status via email.
- Applicants are responsible for the completion of the requirements and the cost of testing.
Accepted students are responsible for attending the LPN Step-In program orientation tentatively scheduled for first week of classes.