LPN Step-In Program
Application window for spring 2021 is closed.
Application window for spring 2022 program start:
September 1 – November 1, 2021
The Associate Degree (AS) Nursing LPN Step-In program is a three-semester program and accepts applications one time per year with a spring term start. This program is primarily delivered ONLINE. Classes are hybrid/online delivery with scheduled on-site lab and clinical days.
LPN Step-In graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX and apply for licensure as a registered nurse, or RN.
Onsite requirements for lab and clinical courses are discussed during program orientation and specified on the class schedule.
First Step: Admission to NTC
1 — Complete the Online Application and pay the $20 application fee.
2 — Send Northwest Technical College your high school transcript or GED.
3 — Forward all official transcripts from the colleges you have attended
- We can automatically access transcripts from any Minnesota State college or university
- All transcripts must be available in the NTC Admissions Office a week prior to the application deadline, to be considered for admittance to the nursing major
Admission to NTC does not guarantee admission to the LPN Step-In major. Admission to the AS Nursing major is required in order to enroll in ADNG nursing courses.
Application to the LPN Step-In Program
- Complete all Admission Requirements for LPN Step-In Program and NTC no later than November 1, 2021
- This includes receipt of application, application fee, and all supporting documentation for the college and the program
- Complete application to LPN Step-in program between September 1 and November 1, 2021
- Take TEAS test prior to November 1, 2021
- TEAS – fall 2020
- TEAS practice tests and information about preparation
- Registering for the TEAS (Note: Limited seats per session.)
- Minimum score of 64 is required for consideration
- Make sure to choose NTC as your school on your TEAS registration. Official ATI TEAS transcript must be received by NTC on or before November 1, 2021
- Results must be within the last two years to be acceptable
- Students may retest up to two times per semester
- TEAS study guides are available at the NTC and BSU libraries, and for purchase from ATI Testing: https://atitesting.com/teas/study-manual
- LPN license number, and state, submitted to NTC
- Email or fax LPN licensure documentation to Lisa Hanson. Email: email@example.com Fax: 218-333-6697
Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline. The Nursing Admissions Committee will notify all applicants of their status. Results will be emailed. Applicants are responsible for the completion of the requirements and the cost of testing.
Accepted students are responsible for attending the Welcome to LPN Step-In program orientation tentatively scheduled for first week of classes.