Program Learning Outcomes
Medical Coding Certificate
- Assign diagnostic and procedure codes using ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems in healthcare various settings.
- Apply medical terminology and human anatomy to medical billing and coding.
- Perform business functions for the medical office, specifically office management programs, account management, medical billing, and insurance claims processing.
- Demonstrate verbal, nonverbal, and written communication principles and skills required of the workplace.
- Apply industry-standard payment methodologies (or practices and procedures).
- Define legal and ethical standards and principles of patient confidentiality within the healthcare community as defined by federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations.
- Demonstrate professionalism through attitude, organization, and time management.