Northwest Technical College invites applications for the position of:
Construction Electrician (CONE) Faculty
OPENING DATE: December 30, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled – applications will be reviewed as they’re received
APPOINTMENT DATE: January 13 – May 14, 2020 (Spring Semester)
POSITION LOCATION: Northwest Technical College, Bemidji, Minnesota
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
JOB TYPE: Temporary Part-time
CREDENTIAL FIELD: Electrician (Job Code 500175)
This position exists to perform technical work within a college setting, assists learners in carrying out lab assignments, and perform related work as required.
- Teach Electrical and related program/courses.
- Participates in college governance, committees and task forces.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits records according to published guideline
- Participates in professional development, advisory board meetings, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
- Contribute to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the College and community, and other associated faculty duties.
(To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application and/or resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the following minimum qualifications.)
- Two-year diploma in an electrician program or completion of a registered electrician apprenticeship program.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified related paid work experience as a licensed electrician in residential and commercial.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post-secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• State of Minnesota Master Electrician License
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of, an interest in, or experience with, diverse cultures and populations
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty. https://www.mscfmn.org/mscf-contracts
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces
A complete application will include the following attachments:
• Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and your specific interest in working at Northwest Technical College
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Monty Johnson, Dean of Skilled Trades, Business & Industry, (218) 333-6611 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at email@example.com
UNIVERSITY/COMMUNITY: Northwest Technical College is in Bemidji Minnesota in Northern Minnesota. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for education, commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University, a partner institution, and Northwest Technical College welcome 6,000 students annually. Northwest Tech offers hands on learning in Business, Health Care, Manufacturing, Transportation, and General Education. As a partner in Distance Minnesota, the College is engaged in innovative distance education with most its programs offered online in addition to on campus. Northwest Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnState) www.minnstate.edu. To learn more about the student-centered environment at Northwest Technical College, visit: www.ntcmn.edu.
In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens. While the city of Bemidji — named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) — is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations – Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students have an opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Northwest Technical College is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area — just 12 miles north of town — offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a “special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise” at Bemidji 2.0
Northwest Technical College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.