Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify safety hazard potential and events at plumbing worksites; and recognize methods to avoid common safety hazards in accordance with industry safety standards.
- Model customer service techniques in communicating with customers while troubleshooting service needs, performance of installation or repairs and integrity of work upon completion of the job.
- Accurately interpret symbols and blueprints for a project, draw symbols correctly to explain or add to project blueprints; ensure blueprints accurately represent the completed work.
- Design and install residential plumbing systems in accordance with the MN Plumbing code.
Equity and Inclusion Statement:
- The Plumbing Technology faculty will engage in intentional recruitment of students from underrepresented groups to grow the program toward Equity 2030 goals.