Northwest Technical College (NTC) is a unique campus full of outstanding academic opportunities. Explore our website to learn more about our campus and programs, as well as the community of Bemidji, Minnesota.
International Student Admission
1. Apply for admission to NTC: Online application.
2. Submit a TOEFL score of at least 500 on the paper version or 173 on the computer version or documentation of recent completion of a college-level composition course with a grade of “C” or better from a college in the United States. NTC will waive the English requirement for any applicant whose native language is English.
3. The minimum academic requirement is graduation from an accredited secondary school or its equivalent. Applicants must arrange for the NTC Admissions Office to receive official academic records from all secondary, college, university, or professional institutions attended. Photocopies are not acceptable. A certified literal translation must be included with the official document if the record is not in English.
4. Submit documentation that all educational and living expenses will be provided for the first year of enrollment by printing out and completing the International student financial affidavit form 2021-22.
5. Minnesota law requires that all learners born after 1956 and enrolled in a public or private post-secondary school in Minnesota be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps and rubella.
Please note: Some academic programs require significant amounts of online course work and are therefore not eligible for I-20 issuance to international students at this time.
|Eligible Programs||Ineligible Programs|
|Automotive||All Business Programs|
|Commercial Refrigeration||Community Health Worker|
|Dental Assisting||Engineering Technology|
|Early Childhood Education||Gerontology & Aging Care|
|Electrical Construction||Healthcare Administrative Support|
|Health Sciences Broadfield||Medical Coding|