Watch this video to learn more about the
A limited number of Community Health Worker Scholarships are available.
General cONFERENCE inFORMATION
- Friday, September 29, 2023
- Early Bird Rate Deadline September 1: $75
- Regular Rate Starting September 2: $100
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Identify strategies for developing skills and improving the effectiveness of CHWs.
- Clarify CHW roles and build confidence around CHW work.
- Apply innovative models to improve community health and health equity.
- Network with Community Health professionals and colleagues to share knowledge and resources.
Read about the previous 2022 Community Health Worker Conference.
- Thursday, September 28, 2023
- 5:30-8 p.m.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Mississippi Room
- Sign-up online with conference registration
- $21 paid directly to instructor cash or check
SCHEDULE & powerpoint presentations (click on BLUE title):
|8:30 – 9 am||Registration/light refreshments/Performance by Kairos Live!||Main room|
|9 – 9:15 am||Welcome Announcements||Shawn McKinney||Main room|
|9:15 – 9:20 am||Tai Chi – get focused||Connie Norman||Main room|
|9:20 – 10:05 am||Winona Community HUB: Pathways Community HUB Model Implementation in Winona County||Vanessa Southworth||Main room|
|10:05 – 10:10 am||Stretch Break||Anita Tamang||Main room|
|10:10 – 10:55 am||Community Health Worker Training Program, funded by HRSA||
|10:55 – 11 am||Yoga Break||Angie Clark||Main room|
|11 – 11:45 am||Providing Community Health Worker services to support high-risk, low-income seniors living at home in Martin County, Minnesota.||
|11:45 – 12:45 pm||Lunch/Vendors/Networking giveaway (Shawn)||Main room/Entry|
|12:45 – 1:45||Building Your CHW Toolbox: Diabetes Prevention and Management Resources||
|12:45 – 1:45||Project Harmony: Peer Recovery Coaching and CHW’ing||Kristi Whitcomb||
|12:45 – 1:45||School-based CHW services: Opportunities and Challenges||
|1:45 – 2 pm||Snack Break||Entry|
|2 – 3 pm||Substance Use Disorders in Pregnancy||Amy Langenfeld||
|2 – 3 pm||
CHWs Forging a Path Forward to Enhance Brain Health
|2 – 3 pm||Resourceful – improving access & efficiency in addressing social determinants of health||Jill Doberstein||
- Hampton Inn & Suites – 1019 Paul Bunyan Drive South, Bemidji, MN 56601
Lodging is available at the Hampton Inn & Suites at a discounted rate (Thursday, September 28th only) for those attending the conference. You must make your reservation by August 31, 2023 to get the discounted rate. When making the reservation, let the front desk know you are requesting the room under “CHW / Northwest Tech” room block to get the discount.
If you need an accommodation for this event, please contact the Accessibility Services Office at 218-755-3883. If an interpreter is needed, two weeks’ notice is requested.
Thank you to our 2023 sponsors!
2018 Conference – NTC CHW Alumni
Follow us on Facebook for updates on presenters.