A limited number of Community Health Worker Scholarships are available.
General cONFERENCE inFORMATION
- Pre-conference extras: Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Option A: Dementia Lab at 5:30 p.m. & Yoga at 6:30 p.m. – $10
- Option B: Tai Chi at 5:30 p.m. & Dementia Lab at 6:30 p.m. – $10
- Full Conference: Monday, October 21, 2019
- Cost – $45 if you register by October 4, 2019 ($60 starting October 4)
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Create an awareness of the impact of community health workers (CHWs) and work to improve community health.
- Improve the understanding of the proven return on investment associated with the implementation of CHWs.
- Provide knowledge of research and developing policies affecting CHW work.
- Create awareness of opportunities for community collaboration around CHWs.
- Provide examples of diverse CHW experience with various populations and settings.
- Help CHWs develop self-care skills.
- Coming Soon.
- Hampton Inn & Suites – 1019 Paul Bunyan Drive South, Bemidji, MN 56601
CEU Certificates available:
We’re also issuing 0.6 (six hours’ worth) non-credit Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) for those who’d like to purchase them. You’ll be given a paper certificate officially certifying your participation and CEU’s gained, to be handed out at the conference. Cost is $25 for CEU certificate.
Application for CHES (entry-level) Category I continuing education contact hours (CECH) has been made to the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC)
Lodging is available at the Hampton Inn & Suites at a discounted rate of $119.00 (Sunday, October 20th only) for those attending the conference. You must make your reservation by September 20, 2019 to get the discounted rate. When making the reservation, let the front desk know you are requesting the room under “CHW / Northwest Tech” room block to get the discount.
If you need an accommodation for this event, please contact the Accessibility Services Office at 218-755-3883. If an interpreter is needed, two weeks’ notice is requested.