Northwest Technical College will join other Minnesota State colleges and universities in celebrating College Knowledge Month by waiving its $20 application fee during the month of October.
College Knowledge Month is a statewide effort to provide graduating high school seniors, especially underrepresented students, the opportunity to apply to college without the barrier of an application fee. High schools and postsecondary institutions work together to engage, inform and support students as they enter into the college application process.
“With more than 3,800 extraordinary academic programs delivered in-person, online, or in hybrid mode, our colleges and universities offer the most affordable and accessible higher education options in the state,” said Devinder Malhotra, chancellor of Minnesota State. “We are very pleased to extend this offer and encourage students to take the next step towards their higher education goals.”
Students and schools can share their College Knowledge Month stories on social media by using the hashtags: #MNGoesToCollege #IAppliedMN. Students are encouraged to tag #MinnState and #NTC_MN in social media posts as well.
College Knowledge Month is a period in which colleges and universities across the state waive application fees. This year, all Minnesota State colleges and universities are waiving their application fees for the week of Oct. 25 – 31. Some colleges and universities, including Northwest TECH, are waiving their application fees for the entire month of October, while others never charge an application fee.
Application fees for qualified low-income students are always waived at all Minnesota State colleges and universities.
Minnesota State includes 30 community and technical colleges and seven state universities serving approximately 375,000 students. It is the fourth-largest system of two-year colleges and four-year universities in the United States.
Why Choose NTC?
- NTC offers 40 programs in six different career paths: automotive service, building systems, business, child care, health care and manufacturing technology.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1 and lab-to-lecture ratio is 4:1.
- Students can choose from a wide variety of student activities to get involved, such as the Student Senate, Student Nurses Association, electrical club and more opportunities at Bemidji State University.
- NTC students are eligible to live at Bemidji State, where they can benefit from a rich residential experience, have easy access to the dining hall, recreation center and more.
- There are on-campus and online programs. Students can receive an Associate of Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degree, certificates or diploma depending on the program they choose. There are also 4-year degree opportunities with Bemidji State.
- Most students receive some form of financial aid.
- Northwest Technical College Office of Admissions
- Schedule a Visit
- Minnesota State system of colleges and universities
- College Knowledge Month
- Apply now