Launching in Fall 2024, the North Star Promise (NSP) Scholarship Program is designed to provide a zero-tuition pathway for eligible Minnesota residents pursuing higher education.
This “last-dollar” initiative will cover any remaining tuition and fees after all other forms of financial assistance, such as scholarships, grants and tuition waivers, have been accounted for.
- Be a Minnesota resident
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application below $80,000
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution or Tribal College
- Not be in default on a state or federal student loan
- Be enrolled taking at least one credit
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Have not already earned a baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma or certificate
How to Apply
North Star Promise Scholarship funds will automatically be applied to your account each semester you meet the eligibility requirements.
The scholarship can be renewed for up to 120 academic credits.
For additional details, please see Minnesota North Star Promise Scholarship Program.