Work study is a type of financial aid that gives a qualified student the opportunity to work and earn wages, while enrolled in courses.
You must qualify for work study. To see if you are eligible, please stop in, call, or e-mail the Financial Aid Office before you apply for a position. The Financial Aid Office can verify if you are eligible and indicate your eligible earning potential.
Work study requirements and information:
- A student gets paid every two weeks. Starting wage is $10.50/hour.
- A student cannot work more than 20 hours per week during fall and/or spring semesters. Students can work up to 40 hours over Christmas break and Spring break as long as the supervisor is available and the student has eligibility.
- A student must have unmet need.
- A student must be enrolled in at least 6 credits/semester.
Bemidji Area Boys and Girls Club
*Hours may be adjusted to students schedule.
- Administrative and Special Event Assistant
- Arts and Culture Coordinator
- Elementary Social Recreation
- Elementary Tutor
- Evaluation and Operations Specialist
- Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator
- High School Teen Coordinator
- Marketing & Special Event Assistant
- Member Services – Youth Development Coordinator
- Middle School Teen Coordinator
- Middle School and High School Tutor
- Nutrition Coordinator
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation Coordinator
- STEM Coordinator
Leech Lake Boys and Girls Club: Cass Lake, Walker, Deer River
*Hours may be adjusted to students schedule; positions available at all locations