The Generic Track for Associate of Science (AS) Nursing is a two-year program and accepts applications one time per year with a fall term start. Applicants may choose either campus-based or hybrid/online delivery. Students will earn an Associate of Science degree and are eligible to take the registered nursing exam (NCLEX-RN) after completion of the program.
Application to Northwest Technical College (NTC) and application to the Associate of Science Degree in Nursing program are separate. Applications to NTC may be submitted at any time. Applications to the Nursing program will be accepted April 1 – May 21, 2021. Pending space availability, a secondary application deadline may be available.
Onsite Requirements (online cohort)
Onsite requirements for lab and clinical courses will be discussed during program orientation and specified on the class schedule.
First Step: Admission to NTC
1 — Complete the Online Application and pay the $20 application fee
2 — Send Northwest Technical College your high school transcript or GED
3 — Forward all official transcripts from the colleges you have attended
- We can automatically access transcripts from any Minnesota State college or university
- All transcripts must be available in the NTC Admissions Office by May 21, 2021 to be considered for admittance to the nursing major
Admission to NTC does not guarantee admission to the AS Nursing Generic major. Admission to the Nursing major is required in order to enroll in Nursing (ADNG) courses.
Application to AS Nursing (Generic Option)
- Complete all Admission Requirements for Associate Degree Nursing and NTC no later than May 21, 2021.
- This includes receipt of application, application fee, and all supporting documentation for college and the program
- Complete the Accuplacer by May 21, 2021, if needed. Accuplacer Registration
- Complete all areas as needed: Math, reading, writing, and any recommended college readiness courses prior to fall semester
- Any readiness courses must be passed with the grade of “C” or greater (Added 3/12/19)
- Complete application to AS Nursing Generic program between April 1 and May 21, 2021.
- Take TEAS test on or before May 14, 2021.
- TEAS sessions – spring 2021
- TEAS practice tests and information about preparation
- Registering for the TEAS (Note: Limited seats available)
- Minimum score of 64 is required for consideration.
- Make sure to choose NTC as your school on your TEAS registration. Official ATI TEAS test transcript must be submitted to NTC on or before May 21, 2021.
- Results must be within the last two years to be acceptable.
- Students may retest up to two times per semester.
- TEAS study guides are strongly encouraged to properly prepare for the TEAS. Study guides are available for purchase from ATI Testing, or online booksellers like Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- Submit proof of Nursing Assistant course completion to NTC before July 9, 2021.
- Preference given to applicants with Nursing Assistant course completed by May 17, 2021.
- Successful course completion is mandatory. State testing/certification is not required.
- Course completion must be within last 5 years.
- Submit Nursing Assistant documentation to Lisa M. Hanson via email or fax: email@example.com; Fax: 218-333-6697
Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline. The Nursing Admissions Committee will notify applicants of their status. Results will be emailed. Applicants are responsible for the completion of the requirements and the cost of the testing.
College readiness courses: A student may be required to enroll in college readiness courses in reading, writing, and math. A student’s scores on the Accuplacer assessment will determine enrollment in college readiness courses. The purpose of college readiness courses is to prepare students for the demands of a college-level curriculum. Credits may vary. College readiness courses must be successfully completed prior to fall semester in order to be enrolled in sequenced program-required courses. Any readiness courses must be passed with the grade of “C” or greater. (Added 3/12/19)