Who to contact:
Persons with concerns of harassment or discrimination should contact the Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action by phone (218.755.4121) or email (email@example.com). A meeting will be scheduled with the Affirmative Action Officer to discuss the situation and next steps.
- Northwest Technical College has adopted the Minnesota State Policy and Procedure governing discrimination and harassment based on membership in a protected class in full.
Filing a discrimination and/or harassment complaint:
A complaint form is available at the link below. All complaints reported verbally or in writing will be handled in a timely and appropriate manner. Although not required, it is requested that the complainant print off and complete the institutional form to report instances/complaints of discrimination or harassment. The completion of this form will facilitate the expediency of the report and its resolution. The Affirmative Action Office is located in Deputy Hall 315 on the Bemidji State University Campus. Forms may also be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Form
- Complaint Procedure Flowchart
- Brochure: Sexual Assault Reporting Options
- Poster: Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Violence
On campus and off campus resources are available to those who wish to file a complaint. In addition to the internal complaint process, you may also file a complaint with the following organizations:
MN Department of Human Rights
(612) 296-5663 or 800-657-3704
TTY: (651) 296-1283
190 East 5th Street, Suite 700
St. Paul, MN 55101
Office for Civil Rights/ U.S. Department of Education
(312) 730-1560 or TDD: 877-521-2172
Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov (preferred)
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
1-800-669-4000 or TTY: 1-800-669-6820
Chicago District Office