Northwest Technical College and Bemidji State University (NTC-BSU) are committed to developing and maintaining a representative workforce and to providing its employees and applicants for employment with a discrimination-free work environment.
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action exists to provide guidance to the university and college and to measure the progress that NTC-BSU make toward the goals set forth.
The goal of the Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action is to establish and maintain a workforce that is representative of the relevant labor markets. These actions are meant to increase the participation of women and minorities in job groups that are underutilized. The Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action also seeks affirmative action in employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, Vietnam-era veterans, and other veterans.
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action assists with searches including the approval of paperwork, examination of search steps and final outcomes before the position is offered. The Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action officer meets with search advisory committees to review search procedures and answer substantive questions about the process.
Thank you for agreeing to serve on a Search Advisory Committee. Your perspective and expertise as a search advisory committee member is important to students, faculty, staff, and administration.
The search process at Northwest Technical College and Bemidji State University is highly valued and appreciated. As a member of a Search Advisory Committee, you must plan to make yourself available to all aspects of the hiring process including:
- input to develop the overall selection procedures; interview questions, screening process, etc.;
- screening of applications to select interview candidates;
- attending all interviews, which is requisite for continuing membership on the committee; and,
- providing input into the rating and recommendation of the unranked list of names submitted for consideration by the hiring supervisor
- Search Committee Handbook 2016
- Roles and Responsibilities of Search Advisory Committees
- Confidentiality Training for Search Advisory Committees
- Search Advisory Committee Confidentiality Agreement
- Minnesota State Online Search Advisory Committee Training